Call for Abstracts
Main call for abstracts 2019
The call for abstracts for ESCAIDE 2019 is open now and will close on 8 May 2019 (23:00 CET).
To submit an abstract to the conference please click here.
Abstract submission process
Abstracts may be submitted online only by visiting the ESCAIDE Abstract submission site. Abstracts submitted via fax or email will not be accepted.
For more information please refer to the ‘Guidelines for Abstract Submission’
List of topics
When submitting an abstract, the author should choose one topic from the disease groups and one topic from the health functions which best match the content of the abstract.
2019 Disease groups:
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Healthcare-associated infections
- Emerging and vector-borne diseases
- Food- and waterborne diseases and zoonoses
- Influenza and other respiratory viruses
- HIV, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis
- Tuberculosis and other respiratory diseases (excluding viruses)
- Vaccine-preventable diseases
2019 Health functions:
- Burden of disease
- Field epidemiology (e.g. outbreak investigations)
- Implementation science (e.g. integration of research findings and evidence into public health policy and practice; monitoring and evaluation of programmes)
- International health and migration
- Modelling, bioinformatics and other biostatistical methods
- Novel methods in epidemiology (e.g. digital disease detection, e-health)
- Novel methods in microbiology (e.g. new diagnostic tools)
- Preparedness (e.g. preparedness planning, simulation exercises, after action reviews)